Cade has joined a softball team in our town with a bunch of guys from our ward. He's lucky he was allowed on the team because they are a bit hardcore and essentially hold try outs. In my opinion the whole thing was dumb because its all the guys who have been on the team for years plus Cade and one other person who tried out. But they needed two more people anyway so why bother with try outs? Anyway, he was excited to make the cut.
During the last practice before their first game Cade was being an outfielder. He went to catch a low flying fly ball and as he went to "trap" the ball it came in and smashed his finger. (For those of you who are as unfamiliar with sports vernacular as I am, "trapping" is apparently when you catch a ball with both your glove and free hand, to trap it in the glove.) So he jammed his finger really good and his his nail got ripped back. Its kind of funny that he purposely clipped his fingernails before the practice just so something like that wouldn't happen, but it did anyway. Luckily, he was smart and took his ring off immediatly because it soon swelled up really bad.
Somebody on the team was prepared with some bandages. They wrapped up his finger and he continued playing for another half hour or so. He said it just immediately went numb and didn't start hurting until after he came home. As you can see blood was squirting everywhere and he had it all over his arm, his clothes and even some on the outside of the car. Funny story about that: I was at the paint store later that day and notice a painter parked next to me and then leave later. When I got to my car I saw this red paint on the car and was so annoyed at this painter. I scraped it off with my finger and licked my finger a few times to really "wash" it off. Then I get home and tell Cade about it and he informs me that was his blood I was licking. Yummy.
Its just starting to swell up at this time.
Here you can see how his nail if halfway off and his finger is more swollen. We didn't get any really good pictures of the swelling but it was about twice its normal size. And it kept bleeding and oozing for about 4 days.
4 comments:
That's fun Cade can go have some Guy time! I don't think our ward could come up with half a team under the age of 50! Hope his finger heals quickly youch!
ewww gross. poor fella.
I think I just puked in my mouth a little.
Ouch!!
You licked blood? YUCK! Even if you were licking somebody else's random paint?... yuck!
Post a Comment