The last 6 six weeks or so I've been working nearly everyday while my work filled a full time position so there hasn't been much excitement around here, and if there had been I wouldn't have had time to write about it. But our little guy has been growing so much lately so I thought I'd write about him. At his 18 month well visit Conner weighed 21.13 pounds falling into the 18th percentile and was 31 inches tall, growing into the 9th percentile for height. He has lost the little baby fat that he had and is just a skinny little guy now. When I see him in just his diaper he seems so tall and skinny to me, but clearly he's still pretty short.
This is probably the last time I will get to see him squeeze into his little bucket :(
Working hard like his parents
Cade and I were eating dinner and I looked over and could only see the top of his head and wondered how he was so tall. He just sat there watching tv with only one wheel actually on the box.

He has started talking a lot more. There's probably only 10-15 words that he really says but he imitates new words everyday. Since we only tend to hear those words once or twice I don't count them in his vocabulary. His first and still one of his favorite words was "uh-oh". He also frequently says "ease" (for please), daddy, mama, "ba" (ball), book, bubbles, truck, and doggy (which sounds just like daddy and you just have to know which one he is talking about). For a long time he said "eye" (hi) but then he started saying "hewo" (hello) instead. It drove me crazy when he was always saying hi and bubbles but NEVER bye bye when he had all the sounds, but he finally got that word down too. Months ago he defiantly said "no" to me twice but then dropped that and hasn't said it again. Now he always says uh-uh (or however you spell the negative of that) and we have to interpret when he really means yes or uh-huh. The other day he put his first two words together "daddy bye bye". And the most impressive speech thing he has done was at dinner the other night when I told him to fold his arms to pray he said "dear heavenly father":) Of course it wasn't very clear, I'm mean none of those words are even in his vocabulary but he used completely the correct intonation and syllables at just the right moment and we didn't even say it first. Can you tell what my profession is by my high interest in his speech? And I have to give a shout out to Richelle and her wise words to Cade and getting him on board with getting rid of the bottle. Conner is now bottle free. However we are still struggling to get liquids into this kid who has very little interest in drinking. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears, he only drinks about one sippy cup an entire day.
Enjoying a little shaving cream fun
And now enjoying a little whipped cream. I must think he is extra cute in this shirt since I seem to only take pictures of him when he wears it.
Conner's molluscum contagiosum is almost gone. He just has a few papules left on his arms but his back is finally all clear. As it was going away though it turned into molluscum dermatitis, basically really bad excema. He scratches at it alot and after finding his back all bloody after a nap one day we got some prescription creams to get rid of it. Weeks later it is looking much better but he is still having flare ups and scratching at times.
He still loves climbing, but thankfully he has also
gotten more obedient and usually only climbs on things he can handle. He
can climb up and flop into a playpen but thankfully he hasn't figured
out how to get into or out of his crib yet. He loves playing with other
kids and the other day after I told him his friend was coming over he
stood at the window whining until she arrived. He also LOVES dogs and being outside. He also is getting assertive about what he wears. He has this one pair of striped socks and whenever he sees them he MUST wear them. He won't let anything else go on his feet. So we have to hide them in the dirty clothes so that he doesn't notice them until they're clean again. Sometimes he also insists on putting on a certain pair of pajama pants, even if its on top of the pants he's already wearing.
Enjoying his time at the Fathers and Sons campout
Loving on Elsa, the Van Dyks dog. We stayed the weekend at their house and every time Conner woke up in the morning or from a nap he looked all over for her and gave her hugs.

Nursery is going well. He never has any problems and we even went to a
different ward one Sunday and they said he was great. We usually have to
sit with him for about 3 minutes and then sneak out. I don't think he
would need us to stay at all except that his nursery starts with all the
kids doing puzzles quietly in the beginning and Conner is not
interested in puzzles so its a little hard to get him excited to be in
there right away. We started using Love and Logic with Conner, its a certain parenting/disciplining style. Its been working really well and everyone who babysits him
tells me how great he is. I had to smile tonight when my friend told me
this story: Some young women were watching our kids, plus some others,
while we were in a class and she heard her kid screaming. So she left to
go get him and the young women started telling her how great Conner was
being! She said she didn't know why they had to rub it in. I thought it
was pretty funny. But I probably just cursed myself and now he'll be a
rotten monster.
We took some family pictures but Conner was a beast and would not cooperate at all. It really sucked, so we didn't get too many pictures. I really like this one for some reason, but it isn't too flattering to Cade.
Conner has become such a snuggler. I LOVE it. He gives hugs and kisses all the time.
This is the ONLY real family picture we got and it isn't great. You can see the frustration all over my face.
We just love our little guy and all the new things he is doing, but we're both sad that he is growing so fast.
3 comments:
Conner is getting so big! He looks like a little boy.
I don't know what you've tried to get him to drink more but with Logan he likes to mix it up, milk, water, juice (his favorite seems to be white grape). He loves to eat ice cubes. He likes to drink out of different types of sippy cups, and regular cups by himself (I just put a little bit in for him and keep refilling till he's lost interest). He also loves waterbottles. We have one that is a gatorade bottle that has the lid that you twist open and I only twist it a little so only a little comes out at a time. Just be creative. Hope some of these help.
I don't see the frustration all over your face. I think it's a really good family picture. I'd be interested in hearing more about this love and logic parenting style. Conner is a good kid. Thanks for letting us come and stay with our crazy ones!
love the blog, especially the shout out. I am so proud of you 2. good job! Natalie has good ideas, just try try and try again. Anything you can think of. Different flavors, different deliveries. Good Luck!
Post a Comment