Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mr. and Mrs. Entrekin

Ashley and Blake got married over Easter weekend in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. Its a shame they picked that weekend because then Cade and I missed the annual Lake Mead trip, but such is life and we were all able to carry on :)

 
Its getting more difficult to fly with Conner. He no longer falls asleep on the plane even if he is very tired and of course he hates sitting there and wants to climb all over everything. It wasn't too bad on the flight there because we intentionally booked seats behind the Jensens and Conner got to climb back and forth, but the way home was a bit of a challenge.  The Jensens and R.J. and Jen flew home together Saturday night, but we flew home Sunday morning so there wasn't anyone for Conner to climb to.

We arrived Friday, the day before the wedding, and it was super cold. And I was so mad at myself for not even thinking about bringing my nice coat for the wedding. I hardly ever have a reason to wear it and here was the most perfect reason and I didn't even bring it. But thankfully the next day was great weather and I didn't even need a jacket so I was no longer mad at myself. We had a nice dinner with family and close friends on Friday night. Thankfully for Cade and I, grandpa and grandma sat with us and they helped take turns entertaining Conner and that was no easy task. He had no desire to sit and eat peacefully with us. Sarah pointed out to me later that every time she looked over at our table someone was missing because they were off with Conner.

Saturday morning a few of us went and got the clubhouse decorated for the reception. Luckily Ashley kept things fairly low key so there wasn't a ton of set up involved. As we were all loading up in the cars to head over to the temple Cade informed me that he left his recommend at the hotel. Typical. I wasn't going to risk missing the wedding so I went with Carol Ann. Luckily Conner fell asleep on his drive over and Emma was so kind and sat in the car with him and just waited for us  to come out. I was beginning to think Cade wouldn't make it in time, but he did, with about 5 minutes to spare. And surprisingly he wasn't the last to arrive.


After the ceremony we decided to take advantage of the beautiful scenery and take a few pictures. Is it just me or does anyone else feel like Utah gets some of the prettiest temples?





At the reception they had a crepe bar with lots of delicious toppings. It was really good, I was bummed I only had time to eat 2. I really wanted more, but its difficult to eat such things while dealing with a 16 month old in a crowded place. Luckily, I got a stash of goods from the candy table for later. I had a good time visiting with family that live in Utah, and California, and Oregon that I don't get to see very often.

I've always known Conner had my lips, but I didn't realize we had the same goofy smile until I saw this picture.

A few weeks later the newlyweds had an open house in Mesa. This one was more fun because I knew almost everyone and got to visit with old friends from the ward and catch up with my prettiest cousins (who in fact are the inspiration for this post and the next 3 that I promised them :) We're also still enjoying our cheese cakes.



Conner had such a great time hanging out with his cousins after the festivities. He happily stayed up until 10:30, but he was not so happy during church the next morning.

No comments: