Thursday, February 10, 2011

Look At That Hair!

99% of the time that we go out in public we hear the phrase "Look at that hair!" I'm not going to lie, I don't get tired of hearing it (although I do run out of responses for it). Family and friends will tell you how cute your kid is no matter what. Whether the baby has Dumbo ears or a nose the size of Texas, loved ones will still tell you how cute your baby is. But when strangers stop you at church, the grocery store, and the doctor's office to ooh and ah over your baby you know there is some truth to it (and I'm not at all biased!). Just for fun I thought I would share some of Conner's hairdos, the good and the bad. Unfortunately, no matter how much he is smiling when I grab the camera he is usually too fascinated with it to smile for the pictures.

Here is your basic comb over.


Here is the modified Alfalfa sprout. He has some unruly cowlicks in the front that cause this style.

Cade calls this the Corporate Executive look. A lady at church called it a Surfer Dude. I call it ugly.

The Wild Man. I had some fun with the blowdryer one day.


The Jimmy Neutron (wet and then dried)


The faux hawk.


Enough with the hairdos. Last night when Conner woke up to eat I picked him up and noticed his pjs were quite wet and so was the blanket he was wrapped in and the blanket he was laying on. I didn't think it had been THAT long since his diaper had been changed and I wondered how it had soaked through so much. When I opened up his pjs I found that he was quite "exposed" and his diaper was completely off, balled up under his legs. I have no idea how that happened but suspect it had something to do with how someone (aka daddy) had put on his diaper before bed. No pics of the event due to the graphic nature.


5 comments:

katie said...

i was watching ryan's nephew over christmas and all of sudden he walked over with his diaper hanging off out one side of his little onsie outfit. the snaps at the bottom were all still done up and he looked completely normal just moments earlier. i think he walked past the recliner and got his diaper stuck on the reclining arm. it looked pretty awesome. luckily i caught it fast enough that we didn't have any soaking issues.

Natalie Robles said...

I love his hair! I bet you can have some fun playing with it (like the blow dryer pic). Maybe you should reteach (or teach) Cade how to correctly put on a diaper.

Katie DeRusha-Johnson said...

I have to give Cade some slack, changing a diaper at night can result in some...wetness. Happens to the best of us! I love cute babies! Especially ones named Conner who has awesome hair!

Carol said...

i like the wild hair do best - the one with the blow dryer - i would sport that do all day every day :)

he is cute...and not cause he is my nephew...but because he is legit cute :)

Ashley said...

I do believe Mom would call his hair "red" in a couple of those pictures! He is definitely legit cute!