A Tongan lady from my parents ward made my grandma a lei and a thing for her head. (I have no idea what that is called.) Here she is sporting them.After that we played a rousing game of Jeopardy with questions about my grandma's life with my mom as Alex Trebek.
I never really think about what my grandparents life was like before I existed, its neat to find out about their life before they were grandparents. Just think, my grandma lived through 2 world wars, the great depression, and saw the invention of tvs, computers, cell phones and so much more. Some interesting facts about my grandma: - Her and my grandpa worked at competing oil companies and had to secretly date, elope, and then they lived separately for the first year of their marriage. Crazy how much things like that mattered back then.
- Her family was one of the first in the neighborhood to get indoor plumbing when she was a teenager.
- She had a tumor the size of a football on her kidney and her incompetent doctor treated her for arthritis. Luckily, before it was too late she switched doctors and was then properly diagnosed. We were lucky she made it to age 50, let alone 100.
- Her first kiss was to a missionary. Scandolous.
Here are us cousins pictured with grandma.
All of us girls through 4 generations.
2 comments:
That is so cool! I thought Anthony's g-ma was old when she died at age 92.
thanks for the dessert compliment!
Post a Comment