Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcome to Prescott!

We've lived in Prescott for over a month now and are really enjoying it. I'd say that about 80% of that joy comes from living in an actual house, but hey whatever it takes. (No, we haven't bought a house yet but we are working on it.) Overall it seems like a nice city and we moved into a great ward. Cade says he prefers still Flagstaff but what he really means is that he misses the hunting around Flagstaff. I'm sure once he has time to scout out the hunting near here he'll be just as happy. Here are the things I have figured out about Prescott so far.

Things I like:
1. Living in a house, thanks to there being affordable housing
2. Lots of restaurant choices - There's even a Fuddrucker's which is one of Cade's favorites
3. Big stores - There's a Hobby Lobby close by!
4. The only freestanding rehab hospital in central or northern Arizona that I would love to work at is here
5. Friendly people
6. More cowboys than liberals
7. They even get snow - Its not the same as the 5 feet Flagstaff got on the same day but its something


Things I don't like:
1. The way the streets are laid out you have to drive through a bunch of neighborhoods going 25 mph to get anywhere
2. The Dairy Queen that I went to at 8:25 on a Saturday night which was already closed!
3. Many of the streets do not have sidewalks. Doing a comparison of two streets that are a block away from each other I decided that streets with sidewalks look so much more complete and less deserty. What do you think?




We love to have company, come visit!

1 comment:

Carol said...

yes sidewalks do look less deserty. do you have sidewalks?

i was just at hobby lobby today - go to yours and look at their clocks. ours had fantastic ones - you might like them!

DQ closed at 8pm - LAME!