I've never been a fan of Las Vegas. Since I don't smoke, drink, gamble, or watch strippers there just isn't much of an appeal for me. But last week Cade had a convention there and it turned out that R.J. and Jen had planned a trip there for the exact same days. So I decided to tag along rather than stay home by myself and it turned out to be a pretty fun trip. We mostly walked up and down the strip watching the free shows, looking at a few shops, and getting plenty of exercise. But we also went to the Tournament of Kings which is a jousting show with dinner. The food was pretty good and we had to eat with our hands and the show was fun. We also saw the Cirque du Soleil's show "O". That was really good, I definitely recommend it. There were synchronized swimmers, divers, trapeze artists, and even some polynesian fire dancers. I could barely breathe while the trapeze people were going, I just kept waiting for one of them to make a wrong move and then be forced to watch them fall to their death. Luckily, there were no mistakes and everyone lived :) R.J. and Jen also got to see Phantom of the Opera for free after watching a time share presentation. Cade and I wished we could have done it too but he was busy with work at the time. Here are some pictures from the trip.
Cade in front of the Luxor Hotel
Jen, me and Cade at Tournament of Kings. Its very unflattering for me to be standing in between two skinny people who haven't just recently put on an undisclosed amount of weight.
Cade eating his dinner with his fingers
Us in front of New York New York Hotel
Cade, R.J. and I all very successful at the slot machines
At another slot machine I pretended to be playing I let out an excited yell. A lady walking by turned to look at what I had won. Jen was so emabarrassed, she pretended she didn't know me, but that just made it all the more fun, right Jen!
Jen and R.J. checking out the flamingo habitat
Me enjoying a cookie dough sundae from Serendipity. And no, I did not eat that by myself, and we still didn't finish it. But it sure was good. Gestational diabetes, here I come.
The "Eiffel Tower" behind the water show at the Bellagio
R.J., Jen, me and Cade in front of the Bellagio
3 comments:
sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. That look on your face at the slot machine is almost too convincing to think you didn't win anything. :D
looks like fun! emma is very excited to go there for nationals next summer!
Sounds like a fun trip!!
Post a Comment