Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Merry Christmas!!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. And its like the gifts just keep on coming now that you all get to read about our lives online! Here’s a recap of our week. Our Christmas started in Mesa where my siblings and Cade and I installed a sprinkler system for my dad. Things were going well until it decided to miraculously rain for some reason. So the work got delayed and we had to leave before it got finished but I think it’s almost done now.

All the Rodgers got together for our annual Christmas Eve celebration. This year we started it off with a marshmallow gun fight. As you can see, my brother cheated by wearing protective clothing and I won’t even get into how he sucked on all the marshmallows before shooting them into our hair!


Even the twins got in on the action, although I mostly saw them eating the marshmallows.

Then we had our fondue dinner. We had to eat in shifts because Ashley called from Georgia RIGHT when we sat down to eat. It was fun to talk to her on Skype this year though. Then it was time for presents! Here's Eli finally getting to open a present after seeing them at Grandma’s house all week and repeatedly asking if it was time to open them. Kids sure do make Christmas more exciting!

My new coat (thanks mom and dad).

Emma modeling her new clothes for Grandma Mason.

Grandpa giving Tyson a ride.

After all the Rodgers’ fun we drove to Cottonwood and arrived to a sleeping house at 11:30 p.m. Following tradition we got up at 4:30 to open presents. I would have pictures but I’m not really in the mood for such things at 4:30 am so you’ll just have to imagine it. We spent the rest of the day watching new movies, putting presents together, and napping. Here’s Cade target shooting while we tried out some new gun thing his dad got, which I don’t remember the name of.

We had a great Christmas and were so lucky to be able to visit with all of our families for over a week!

4 comments:

jenr612 said...

Sorry but there is no way to cheat at something when there were no rules provided! You can't call being more skilled cheating-RJ

Natalie Robles said...

Caryn- great first blog! Thank you for the wonderful gifts you and Cade gave us for Christmas.

It's My Life said...

Love your blog! I can totally hear you talking and that is awesome. What are you up to these days? Got a job?

Jimmy, Diane and Bentley said...

I'm so glad you started a blog! I'm excited to keep up with you guys better!